Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Przeskocz do głównego menu
Sign In
Academy of Young Economist Children’s Economic University Preparatory Courses in Economics Bachelor Studies Master Studies Post-Graduate Studies Doctoral Studies MBA Studies Language Courses Professional Trainings E-Learning University of Third Age Study in Polish

 Required documents


​Below you will find a complete list of documents required in the admission procedure for candidates applying on terms applicable to foreigners:

1. Signed application form printed from the Internet registration system;
2. Polish maturity certificate, or an equivalent foreign document (including a supplement, if applicable) entitling you to apply for admission to studies in the country (or in the education system) where your document was issued. In the case of non-Polish educational documents, you should also:
  • Legalise or apostille your document – read more about legalisation and apostilles below; the legalisation requirement is waived in the case of IB and EB diplomas;
  • Submit a sworn translation into Polish of your document (and of its supplement, if applicable) – read more about accepted sworn translations below; the translation requirement is waived in the case of IB diplomas;
  • Nostrify your document before the end of the 1st semester of studies – read more about the nostrification procedure below; the nostrification requirement is void in the case of IB and EB diplomas, as well as documents issued in EU or OECD member states, China, Belarus, Ukraine and Libya.
3. A true copy of your ID card or passport  – read more about certified true copies below;
4. One current photograph of yourself, taken according to ID photographs standards;

5. A certified true copy of a valid personal accident or illness insurance policy, together with its sworn translation into Polish if the document was issued in another language, or a true copy of an EHIC, or a declaration that you will purchase insurance with the Polish National Health Fund (NFZ) upon commencing the studies (the declaration is available in the Internet registration system);
6. A document confirming your knowledge of the language which is the medium of instruction.


In addition to the above documents, candidates admitted to tuition-based studies are required to sign two copies of an agreement on tuition fee payment after they come to Warsaw. They should do so in the Promotion and Admissions Office.

Other documents – required only in the case of holders of these documents:

  • Awardees of the scholarship by Polish state are required to submit a document confirming their scholarship;
  • Holders of Karta Polaka should submit a certified true copy of the document in question;
  • Foreigners of Polish origin as defined in Article 5(1-3) of the Act of 9 November 2000 on repatriation should submit a true copy of a decision confirming their Polish origin.
Below you will find example of agreement on terms of payment:

Important information

1. Sworn translations

All documents issued in language other than Polish should be submitted along with their sworn translation into Polish (with the exception of English language certificates and International Baccalaureate diplomas).

A sworn translation can be done by:

  • A sworn translator registered by the Polish Ministry of Justice;
  • A sworn translator registered in any EU/EFTA/OECD member state;
  • A consul of the Republic of Poland residing in the territory of the country where the document was issued.

Regular translations can be certified by one of the above bodies.

Translations certified by a notary cannot be recognised.

If you encounter any difficulties regarding translation into Polish, please contact the Promotion and Admissions Office.

2. True copies

A valid certification of a true copy can be done by:

  • A consul of the Republic of Poland;
  • A notary in any EU/EFTA/OECD member state;
  • An employee of the Promotion and Admissions Office.

If you cannot submit a valid certified true copy, please submit an uncertified copy of the document in question, but remember to bring the original with you.

3. Legalisation

If your maturity/school-leaving certificate was issued by a non-Polish institution then you need to legalise it or endorse it with an apostille. This requirement is also valid in the case of certificates issued within the EU. The legalisation requirement is waived in the case of International Baccalaureate and European Baccalaureate diplomas.

Legalisation can be done by:

  • a consul of the Republic of Poland residing in the territory of the country where (or in the education system of which ) the document was issued;
  • education authorities of the country where (or in the education system of which ) the document was issued;
  • diplomatic representation or consular office of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued, accredited in any EU/EFTA/OECD member state.

If a country in which a given document was issued is a party to The Hague Convention of 5 October 1961, legalisation is replaced by an apostille.

The list of countries which signed to The Hague Convention can be found at

Information concerning national bodies competent in the area of apostilles in each country can be found at

4. Nostrification

Nostrification is a procedure of recognition of an educational document and establishing its equivalence in the Polish education system. Maturity/school-leaving certificates can be nostrified by the Education Office in Warsaw. For more information, please go to,Recognition-of-certificates.html.

Legal basis: Order no 23 of 30 April 2018; Annex no 1; Annex no 2;