Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Przeskocz do głównego menu
Sign In
Academy of Young Economist Children’s Economic University Preparatory Courses in Economics Bachelor Studies Master Studies Post-Graduate Studies Doctoral Studies MBA Studies Language Courses Professional Trainings E-Learning University of Third Age Study in Polish

 Required documents


​Below you will find a complete list of documents required in the admission procedure:

1. Signed application form with a library statement printed from the on-line registration system.
2. Two copies of a filled-in and signed list of required documents​ (printed from the registration system after you have been invited to submit your documents).
3. ID card or passport (for inspection only).
4. Academic degree diploma (or an equivalent document). In the case of diplomas issued by non-Polish universities, the diploma must entitle you to undertake second-cycle studies in the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued; in such a case, you also need to submit a relevant diploma supplement or transcript of grades. In the case of non-Polish and non-EU educational documents, you should also:
  • Legalise or apostille your diploma – read more about legalisation and apostille below;
  • Submit a sworn translation into Polish or English of your diploma (and of its supplement/transcript of grades) – read more about accepted sworn translations below;
5. A document confirming your knowledge of English – list of recognised documents (required only for studies in English).

6. Power of attorney - only if the documents are submitted through a representative.

Please note that:
  • you are required to sign a contract (sample text) with SGH upon admission to the university;
  • if you do not receive your diploma before the end of the document submission period, you may submit your thesis defence confirmation (or your provisional diploma) instead, but you will be required to submit your final degree diploma as soon as you receive it.;
  • please make sure that you have a complete set of required documents with you as incomplete sets will not be accepted;
  • you may submit the documents either personally or through a representative (with a power of attorney), but you should not send them by post or courier services.

Sworn translations

All documents issued in a language other than Polish or English should be submitted along with their sworn translation into Polish or English.

A sworn translation can be done by:

  • A sworn translator registered by the Polish Ministry of Justice;
  • A sworn translator registered in any EU/EFTA/OECD member state;
  • A consul of the Republic of Poland residing in the territory of the country where the document was issued.

Regular translations can be certified by one of the above bodies.
Translations certified by a notary are not recognised.

If you encounter any difficulties regarding translation of your documents, please contact the Promotion and Admissions Office.

Legalisation (or apostille)

If your degree diploma was issued by a non-Polish or non-EU institution, you need to legalise it or endorse it with an apostille. Your diploma may be legalised by:

  • a consul of the Republic of Poland residing in the territory of the country where (or in the education system of which ) the document was issued;
  • education authorities of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued;
  • diplomatic representation or consular office of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued, accredited in any EU/EFTA/OECD member state.

If a country in which a given document was issued is a party to The Hague Convention of 5 October 1961, legalisation is replaced by an apostille.

The list of countries which signed to The Hague Convention can be found at

Information concerning national bodies competent in the area of apostilles in each country can be found at

Legal basis: SGH Senate resolution No 540 of 26 June 2019 for academic year 2020/2021